Does the script have to be submitted in a PDF format?
Do you accept printed hard copy entries?
Do I have to include my title page with my screenplay?
Does my script have to be copyrighted or registered with the WGA?
Yes, you must register your work with the WGA.
Do I maintain the rights to my screenplay?
Yes. The writer maintains all rights to his/her screenplay.
Who is going to direct my film?
You have the option of directing the piece or Madison Films will provide an Award-Winning Director to direct your piece.
Who is going to produce my film?
Madison Films will produce your film.
How do I receive feedback on my screenplay?
Please see the Coverage section for feedback options.
What genres do you accept?
All genres are accepted.
Can I enter more than one screenplay or multiple genres?
You may submit as many screenplays as you wish. A separate submission fee is required for each screenplay.
Do I need to include a logline?
Yes. Please submit a logline. Please DO NOT submit a synopsis.
Can I submit my entire feature-length or pilot screenplay?
Yes, we are accepting full-length screenplays.
What’s the maximum required page length?
We are accepting full-length screenplays, both TV and Feature and also short film screenplays.
Can I submit my screenplay if it is only 5 pages?
How will I know if you received my screenplay?
You will receive an email confirming your entry immediately upon submitting it. If you do not, please email us here: email@example.com.
What if my script is optioned or sold after I enter the competition?
Can I still enter the competition if I live outside the United States?
Can I submit my screenplay anonymously?
Do I have to submit the entry fee in U.S. Dollars?
Will the Grand Prize Winning Film have access to Madison Films' production/post-production team?
What if I accidentally send the wrong script?
If you recognize your mistake within 48 hours, email us with the correct script at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anytime after 48 hours, you will have to pay an additional submission fee.
If I am selected as the Grand Prize Winner, am I going to receive $50,000 in cash?
Is Script2Screens going to shoot my short film?
Who will own the short film once completed?
If I live outside Los Angeles, how do I attend my one-on-one meeting with the A-level Judge?
When will the Grand Prize Winner be chosen and announced?
October 30, 2020
*Please allow possible delays for Covid-19
Terms & Conditions
- Screenplays are welcome from all countries. All writers are welcome to enter the competition.
- All scripts must be submitted in English.
- All entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- Writers are welcome to submit multiple entries.
- Writers retain all rights to their screenplay.
- Scripts must be the sole property of the writer(s), and may not be encumbered by any third party.
- Scripts that have been sold, produced, or are currently under option are not eligible.
- All scripts must be original work.
- The screenplay must be in industry-standard screenplay format. Treatments, synopses and concepts are not eligible.
- Spec scripts for existing TV series or otherwise established characters (such as fan fiction) are not eligible.
- Screenplays adapted from your own published books, plays, or other source material are eligible, if you have retained all rights to your work. Please provide us with written proof of rights.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided you have the writer’s written permission to adapt the work into a short screenplay. Please provide us with written agreement for use.
- Adaptations of works in the public domain are eligible.
- Collaborative work is eligible. Prizes are awarded to the project as a whole, and it is the responsibility of the collaborators to divide up any prize or award among themselves.
- All screenplays are to be submitted online only, in PDF form. No others will be considered.
- Multiple entries are permissible. No discounts are given to multiple entries.
- All applicants and contestants work is subject to the decision of the Scripts2Screens Judges, whose decisions are final. No appeals to those decisions will be considered.
- It is the responsibility of the writer(s) to register their material with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or with the Writer’s Guild of America or the appropriate agency in his/her country. Scripts2screens highly recommends that you do this, before submission of your work, but it is not mandatory.
- Contest entry fees are only processed through Paypal on the Scrips2screens website. We also accept all major credit cards.
- By entering this competition, you agree and accept that Scripts2screens will be free to use the title of your script, your name and your likeness for advertising or promotional purposes without any additional consideration.
- Writers are free to submit their screenplay to any other producers, agents, publishers, organizations and or persons that they choose during this competition.
- Other than the prizes, no other agreement for compensation has been implied.
- The pre-production of the winning screenplay will begin no more than one year from the date of the announcement of the winner.
- Length requirement - we are accepting any length screenplay.
- Script coverage is available for a separate fee. Please see Coverage Page.
- Please do not attach promotional materials, casting ideas, synopsis, concept drawings or storyboards. These will not be passed on to the judging committee. The script must stand only on the merit of the writing.
- You understand and agree our staff and our judging committee is made up of industry professionals, that may be similar in some regards to stories already in development by our judges and staff. You understand and agree to waive any claim that your logline and screenplay may have misappropriated any ideas or portions of your submission concept, logline or screenplay.
- The writer(s) understands, agrees to and accepts without any reservation that the writer(s) is an independent contractor, and that Scripts2Screens is not responsible for withholding any taxes or payments to any state, local or federal government agency.
- By submitting your screenplay to Scripts2Screens, and entering this Competition you are agreeing to the Rules set forth in this section, and agree to hold harmless any and all persons or organizations connected or doing business with Scripts2Screens.
- For more inquiries, please email us at email@example.com
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
All submissions are non-refundable.
The judging panel, selected by Script2Screens in its sole discretion, will include high-level working professionals. These Judges are in no way official sponsors or endorsers of this contest. The top 5 final screenplays will be read by all of the Judges. The Judges will then choose the Grand Prize Winner based on the following criteria: story, originality, strength of characters, tone, genre and the ability to produce the script at the appropriate budget level. The finalists and the Grand Prize winner will be notified by email and may be contacted by interested industry representatives, such as managers, agents or producers. Winner announcements will begin 5-6 weeks after the final deadline. Production of the short film shall commence not longer than one year after announcement. Finalists may be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Copyright and a Release and Indemnification and any other documents that Script2Screens require. Failure to execute the required documents could result in disqualification. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS. You agree to release and hold harmless Script2Screens, Madison Films, Lake Arrowhead Repertory Theatre Company, Foley Marra Studios, Script2Screens.com, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, Prize contributors, judges, screenplay readers, staff, sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives, and board members (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Script2Screens.com and its Sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Released Parties from any and all costs, expenses, or liability including but not limited to the cost of any settlement or judgment made or rendered against Released Parties. Employees of ScreenCraft and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law. Voided entries will be refunded. Recipients’ eligibility will be verified before the grant is awarded and the winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility. By entering the contest, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing and/or transmitting your submission file(s). You understand that you will receive no cash as an award or prize. If you are selected as the Grand Prize Winner, our production company is going to produce your script as a short film. The budget of the short will be a total of $50,000.00 value in cash for production, as well as and donated production services, such as camera and lighting equipment, crew, post-production services.
Script 2 Screens reserves the right to offer a full refund to all submissions in the event that the contest does not raise enough funds to shoot the short.
Participation in the contest constitutes each Writer's consent to Script2Screens and its representatives the use of Writers’ names, likenesses, photographs and personal information for promotional purposes in any media without further compensation or approval.